Welcome from the LawConnect Ontario team. We celebrated the launch of this new collaboration between Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO) and the Ontario Justice Education Network (OJEN) on January 20, 2016 at Osgoode Hall in Toronto. With support from the Law Foundation of Ontario, Legal Aid Ontario, and the Law Society of Upper Canada, we took our first steps in style.
Thanks to everyone who came out to wish us well!
October 20-21, 2016
LawConnect Ontario is partnering with The Action Group on Access to Justice to present Connect, Create, Communicate: Public Legal Education and the Access to Justice Movement, a conference on October 20-21 in Toronto.
This conference is open to legal professionals, community workers, students, and other people working in access to justice and doing public legal education and information (PLEI).
The program will explore topics such as:
- Practical and strategic use of technology
- Cross-sector collaboration and innovative partnerships
- Public participation in finding access to justice solutions
- Advancements in public legal education and information
- Access to justice as a social movement
- Plain language communication
- PLEI needs assessments and evaluation
- Changing relationships between legal experts and the public
- Training and supporting “go-to” intermediaries
Connect, Create, Communicate is presented in association with CLEO’s PLE Learning Exchange and the Public Legal Education Association of Canada, as part of the Action Group on Access to Justice’s Access to Justice Week.